Apitherapy is the science of strengthening and maintaining health with the help of bee products. The beginnings of apitherapy date back centuries to Egyptian, Greek, Chinese, Babylonian and other civilizations. The claims about the healing effects of apitherapy are largely scientifically unproven and are based primarily on the actual experience of individuals and traditional use.
Today, apitherapy has a broader meaning, so we are talking about APIMEDICINE, which is part of integrative medicine; it is a holistic medicine that goes beyond the concept of alternative medicine and can be a great complement to medicine especially in prevention and rehabilitation. Apitherapy means comprehensive treatment.
It is holistic because it is harmoniously connected with natural processes and uses the findings of other holistic therapies, such as: phytotherapy (use of herbs – the best herbalist is a bee – “flying pharmacist”), aromatherapy (use of volatile substances), acupuncture, acupressure, ayurveda… and of course the findings of official medicine.
The methods of application are very different. The preparations are used for internal and external use – with compresses, ointments, massages, inhalations, aerosol inhalations (also with the help of aerosol devices), etc.
In short, the bee offers us many opportunities with its products, which mankind knows how to use with thousands of years of experience and modern methods and knowledge to improve well-being, increased resistance or treatment of various diseases.
In apitherapy, we can use different bee products, but they are not suitable for every ailment:
- The healing properties of honey are important due to the rich composition of enzymes, natural minerals, vitamins, antioxidants – all in the right proportions. Honey is easily digestible due to simple carbohydrates and is very suitable for external and internal use. Due to its properties, honey is used in inhalations, massages, baths, as well as in the treatment of wounds due to its antibacterial properties.
It should be noted that crystallization is a phenomenon in genuine nautral natural honey.
- Propolis is the strongest product of bees, which works against bacteria, fungi, viruses, allergies, inflammation and is a very important antioxidant due to its rich composition of flavonoids. Its use is versatile, and researchers attribute to it a special place among the medicines of tomorrow.
- Beeswax is irreplaceable in compresses, as an integral part of natural ointments and with its over 250 ingredients it is indispensable in apitherapy.
- Royal jelly is the most valuable and richest product of bee glands. Due to its excellent composition, it is a real hormonal preparation that has a very stimulating and antidepressant effect.
- Pollen is irreplaceable in apitherapy due to its rich composition of minerals, amino acids, vitamins. The usefulness of pollen is highlighted in many diseases and prevention of osteoporosis in women, and in men as an excellent preventive against prostate growth.
- Apilarnil (“drone’s milk”) is an extraordinary product intended for use in apitherapy, with similar properties to royal jelly, but due to its composition more intended for men.
- Bee venom is used in apitherapy in several ways, but due to its composition it is an excellent anti-inflammatory and analgesic; it is used mainly in diseases of the nerves and has long been known as an excellent antirheumatic.
Apitherapy at FerMedica:
In 2019, I got successfully educated as an apitherapist. I have acquired new knowledge, which I include in our offer.
We prepared a range of products of our own production, which we supplement with selected products from other suppliers; they show the healing power of bees and nature.
That is why we named our domestic store APITEKA – bee pharmacy.
We invite you to visit us in Bizovik, where we will be able to advise you on strengthening your health and alleviating your problems.
For any questions, we are available at the telephone number. 041 776 867.
The offer of apitherapeutic products is at the link below: